Mining in Chile
Chile is endowed with a variety of metals, but is known for being the world’s leading producer of copper from mining. The mining sector accounts for approximately 10% of Chile’s GDP, which in 2017 was approximately $270 billion.
As of July 2018, the Ministry of Mining's Sustainable Development Division lists 123 projects with approved Environmental Qualification Resolutions (EQR), valued at nearly $34 billion.
Mining in Chile benefits from:
- High quality, abundant resources and reserves
- A stable legal framework
- Opportunities for foreign investment./LI>
- Highly skilled mining specialists./LI>
- Established energy infrastructure and transportation network./LI>
- Goods and services suppliers in key mining areas.
(Sources: https://www.export.gov/article?id=Chile-Mining-and-Minerals, https://www.cochilco.cl/SIAC/Paginas/English/Mining-in-Chile.aspx )